ChrisJenn
Newly Registered

ChrisJenn garden - Leaf Discoloration Question

Hello Everyone,

Here is a few photos of our plants. I have a few questions about the location, watering and discoloration in the leaves. See attached photos.

1.) Most of our plants are located along the west side of the foundation of the house. This portion receives most sunlight during the day. You can feel the radiated heat from the foundation and house. The plants are located approx. 10" from the foundation, are the plants located too close to the house. Since this side of the house receives most of the sunlight, shall I water more frequently? I noticed that one of the tomato plants and pepper plants were wilting. As a side note we are adding mulch to the area on 6/6/16

2.) Any suggestions on why the leaves on the cucumbers and squash turning yellow?

These plants were planted on May 29th.

Thanks for all your help!
Attachments
Squash.jpg
Squash.jpg (55.69 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
cucumber.jpg
cucumber.jpg (58 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
West plants.jpg
West plants.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

imafan26
Mod

The plants are a bit close to the house.

How did you amend the soil. What kind of fertilizer did you put in.

Yellowing on lower leaves could be not enough nitrogen if you added a lot of compost or it can also be from being too wet.

Wilting can be from being too dry or being too wet. If it wilts during midday and perks up again. I may be getting too much reflected heat from the wall.

ChrisJenn
Newly Registered

After some watering, I found that the cause was due to watering. How often do you pull the flowers off the pepper and tomato plants? I remember my dad doing this to help establish a mature plant and a root system. Just would like to know when I should stop trimming the flowers.

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”