ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

I am in trouble

First Kroger had some miniature potted roses in various colors for $1.99 a pot of about 4 plants. Okay. Hubby bought me several which I finished planting in pots this evening. I have some in the shed that I bought for myself a few days ago. Well, today we had to go to the store. The potted roses were half off! All they had left was the lavender colored ones. Now I have 4 more miniature potted roses waiting to be potted. I really didn't need a bunch more roses to baby over the winter, but I love them so!

Planting them in the ground is not an option. Every single rose I plant in the ground (except one climbing rose that is flourishing) lives a sad lingering life for a few years before they die. Some start dying as soon as I push the soil back around their roots.

It's the soil. Truly. Strawberries don't even do well here unless they are in pots.

Asica

I truly run out if room. So now I am gardening at my children's school. Much more there for plants. Lol
I love roses too, but because if drought, I only have Iceberg Roses.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Well, the rabbits thought I was setting out a buffet for them. Went outside the other day and found a bunch of the flowers on the ground and sticks only an inch or so long where beautiful plants had been the day before. I sprayed the remaining stubs with a critter repellent last night. I'm going to have to fence the flowers in if I want to keep them. But I've had other roses out there that the rabbits never even looked at. It makes me wonder, why these?

Return to “Rose Forum”