Lonesomedave
Location: NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE- zone 6B - 7A on USDA plant hardiness map

Help....need roses

I usually spend all my time on the vegetable forums, because that is chiefly where my interest lies....but, my wife has her heart set on some tree roses, and she wants me to plant them next year.

not only does she have her heart set on it, but she wants three specific ones, and, if I can do it, I'm gonna....cause you know the saying....if mama aint happy, aint nobody happy.... :mrgreen:

she wants double delight, mr lincoln, and ketchup & mustard.....and from the pictures I have seen, she has a point, they are beautiful

the problem I am having is that no local nurseries have them and I am having trouble locating anyone who does

can anyone put me onto a supplier or internet store or something where I can get these three and plant them for her next spring?

any thoughts at all are appreciated

/dave/

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Have you checked out https://www.heirloomroses.com/ ? Although, I, prosonaly don't have any experience with this company, my neighbor bought a lot of roses from them a couple years back. It wasn't anything fancy or anything, but my neighbor was satisfied. I'm pretty sure all of them have transplanted well and right now, there's a couple rose plants from that company growing on her fence right now! :) beauties!

And yes, from what I've seen, they do sell Mr lincoln, as well as Ketchup and Mustard.

Lonesomedave
Location: NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE- zone 6B - 7A on USDA plant hardiness map

anna....do the sell them as tree roses....mama was quite specific... :mrgreen:

/dave/

ps...I have called them, but they are closed....bookmarked them and will call tomorrow....thanks
Last edited by Lonesomedave on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

:P oh tree roses...never mind then! :lol: I don't think they were tree roses.

Ya it's gonna be tough to find! Good luck though :wink: maybe check a local floral store instead of nurseries. I know that gift flower stores sell tree roses sometimes.

Return to “Rose Forum”