southpaw_inkz
Newly Registered

I Need Help Naming A Flower

I recently moved into a new home and this flower was already planted at one corner of the house. I really like it and would like to get more but am unsure of what it's called. Can anyone help me out ? Thanks in advance !
Attachments
flower.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You put this in the rose forum, so you already know it is a rose. So you are asking what variety of rose it is? I don't know much about roses and it's always a tough question, since there are thousands.

https://www.everyrose.com/everyrose/sitemap.lasso

is a searchable database of rose varieties. You can use the advanced search to put in all the qualities of your rose, color, fragrance (or not), size, growth habit, etc. Then it will give you a list of common varieties of roses that match and you can see pictures of them.

southpaw_inkz
Newly Registered

I'm really not sure if its a rose or not to tell you the truth. My mother told me she thought it was but wasn't sure so I thought this would be the best place to start. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the recommendation.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Looks to me like a young camellia. Camellias are either fall blooming or spring blooming depending upon the type. Colors mostly range from white to pink to red.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

good job, hendi! I hadn't looked at the pic in close up, I just assumed because it was here in the Rose Forum, it was a rose. I'm also not as familiar with camellias, because they are mostly not hardy where I am. But I think you are right, camellia.

southpaw_inkz
Newly Registered

hendi_alex wrote:Looks to me like a young camellia. Camellias are either fall blooming or spring blooming depending upon the type. Colors mostly range from white to pink to red.

Haha..boy my girlfriend is gonna love this. She told me she thought it was a camellia and I told her I probably needed a second opinion. Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

imafan26
Mod

It does look like a camelia to me too. There are many red and pink ones.

https://www.countylinenursery.com/documents/96.html

Return to “Rose Forum”