luis_pr
Greener Thumb

Re: stem canker

Good to hear that your plant is making progress.

Roses around here are still "semi-dormant" due to the high summer temperatures. As is normal during this time of the year, the number of blooms is greatly reduced with most rose shrubs looking almost all green.

A few of them have blooms but they are quite small compared to normal and-or the colors look as if they were wrong. For example, bicolored ones like Scentimental bloom small and almost all pink (meaning pink/red with few or no white stripes).

Once we get to September, temps will come down, the blooms will revert to normal and we will get a big flush of blooms. For now, I am not even fertilizing these heat stressed plants, just watering.

gmp
Cool Member

If the blackspot is below the bud union, will it be possible to save the plant? as we could not cut the affected portion from the plant. First, will it affect the plant? If so, what should I do? This is just to know. Thanks in advance.

luis_pr
Greener Thumb

If the canker has spread there, it may not be possible to help. You can continue the fungicide treatment to see if it helps and be ready to get some cuttings.

gmp
Cool Member

This plant seems to have some deficiency. Googled, but could not find out what the problem is. Could not differentiate between the deficiencies. Please tell me what I should do now. There are many buds but nothing seems to take off.
Attachments
photo-1.jpg

gmp
Cool Member

Thank you luis-pr. This is how the second rose looks like now. :D
Attachments
photo-2.JPG

Return to “Rose Forum”