Daniella_Steinmetz
Newly Registered

2nd season rose rose bush

Hi! :)
I bought a rose bush last year, it grew a few roses off the three stems, but in the middle of the summer they died (everyone's in the town did, apparently we had a bug issue!! We are in Winthrop, its in the Boston, MA area) but this year there is nothing on there but thorns.. is it too early or do I need to do something else? I gave the bush fresh soil (miracle grow) and rose food, but still nothing. A few days after all the rain stopped last week I noticed the ground was a bit dry so I watered it with plant food and I have been watching the soil to make sure it doesn't dry out, but the bush itself is still unchanged...

What am I doing wrong? I'm very new to this...

mscratch

I would first clip a few canes to see if there is any life going on. Unless its showing some sign of life first your not going to get anywhere with fertilizer or new soil.

Daniella_Steinmetz
Newly Registered

Thank you! I did just that and I found them to be all dry!! Then I noticed my little bush was VERY loose, and it just came right out =( All the roots were dead :'(
I bought a new one, and I made sure I planted it deep this time, so the bulb is not exposed (I read that tip on this forum!).
Also, when I bought my old one it had no buds on it, so I bought one with a little more life this time =)
Fingers crossed!!!

Return to “Rose Forum”