Red67
Newly Registered

Papa Meilland

Hi,..Just this year my papa Meilland Hybrid Tea, appears to have developed problems, buds are dying, and not opening almost like rotting on the bush, this rose has usually been a vibrant and strong flourisher,..I have noticed stunted growth, leaves have almost become small and crispy, it does not good...the only thing it has suffered in the past is powdery mildew but it has been sprayed for that, not to mention rust and black spot to no effect, it really appears to be struggling to grow, we don't suffer many bugs here, and the leaves don't appear to be attacked in that way at all....so I'm kinda at a paradox for what it may be, ...the rose next to it seems to be growing strongly, ..makes it more a mystery, does anyone have any ideas
Cheers !

Red67
Newly Registered

would a pic help anyone..?

Red67
Newly Registered

Red67
Newly Registered

Red67
Newly Registered

Red67
Newly Registered

ok inserted the above images ...it does not look flash...any ideas if its recoverable..??

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

rose disease 003 by redguy672012, on Flickr

Clicking the link you gave takes you to your photo in Flickr. Above the photo is a button called Share. Click on the Share button and it gives you a choice: Grab the link or Grab the HTML/BBCode. Click on Grab the Code. There are radio buttons at the bottom. Switch the button to BBC code. Copy the resultant code and paste it in here.

Red67
Newly Registered

Red67
Newly Registered

Thanks and cheers to rainbowgardener for the info

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

I am not a rosarian but you surely have something going on with both the leaves and the flowers. IDK what to recommend. Maybe locate and contact your local Rosarian Society. You will get good, region specific info and recommendations. Hopefully you will get some input from rosarians on this forum. Wish I could help. Good luck.

imafan26
Mod

This is a link that rainbow posted awhile ago to help identify common rose problems. Damage resembles those caused by thrips, mites or blossom midges. The leaves also look like they may have powdery mildew too.
https://www.olyrose.org/pests.htm

Return to “Rose Forum”