susanreyes
Newly Registered

My Dying Rose Bush

:( My rose bush has been in my family for well over thirty years in Mich. My dad had planted it in the early 80's and when he passed and my mother moved to another part of Mich. and took it with her.It always bloomed. She moved here to Myrtle Beach 7 yrs ago, she couldn't get it to grow in the sandy soil. So I took it and planted it in a very large ceramic pot. It grew beautifully up until this late spring . Last year I had bigger than normal blooms all winter and in late spring the leaves turned yellow and black the buds would form then drooped and die, then before I knew it the stalks were turning brown. I took it out of the pot to inspect the roots and soil. all looked normal so I cut it back except one stalk that was still green now it is turning black. I am saddened to think I have killed my dads rose bush. PLEASE HELP :!: :!: -helpsos- -helpsos- -wall-[quote]D[/quote]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Since you didn't get any response, a couple pictures might help. But it sounds like you waited until very long in this process to ask for help. If it is down to one stalk which is turning black, it may be too late to save it, which is likely why no one responded. Is the last stalk still putting out any new leaves?

Return to “Rose Forum”