george1975
Newly Registered

New to Roses - need help !

I bought a hybrid tea rose call double delight, almost 2 months ago and mostly because of its beautiful blooms; however after I planted, the petals fell quicly and it has not bloomed since then. I planted it in a half sun, half shaded area, and have done everything to get it to bloom, but have had no results at all. I have fertilized, pruned it, watered daily and nothing seems to work. I wish I can get back those full blooms, I saw it at the store with. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what can I be doing wrong, I am new to Roses.

citylights

first of all as you probably already may know, roses need full sun. possibly the rose isn't getting the amount of sun it needs but if this isn't the case

try some organic fertilizers:
purchase some epsom salt and sprikle two teaspoons around the base and water it in. you can buy the epsom salt at any drug store.

If possible purchase Alfalfa pellets and place a cup or two around the base. This will also promote rigorous new growth. you can also use alfalfa found in rabbit food however many argue this contains other additives and pure alfalfa pellets is the way to go (although it is hard to find in the city)

finally, do some more pruning. if the stems are getting too long without any blooms cut them back to promote new shoots. if it's weak and tiny then this isn't recommended.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Rose Forum”