Gardenlady018
Newly Registered

rose flower

I three rose buses that have black on the edge of the flowers, what is this

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm no rose expert (I find them too fussy, for an organic gardener that doesn't like to use sprays, etc), but it sounds like it could be tissue damage to the petals. I'd inspect the plant very closely to see if you see any insects. Earwigs and other insects eat flower petals. If the petal edge was chewed on, it could turn black as it decays.

Archiedixon
Newly Registered

Well I thought I would start this topic as in this part of the world its spring again and I'm ready to grow some Butterfly Bushes this year in mass quantity!

Maybe anyone else who has a butterfly bush or is growing one for the first time can post about their exploits with these tough and resilient giant flower producing lovelies and also post some pictures of their own garden varieties throughout the season

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

But you didn't start a topic... you posted it as a reply to a question about problems with roses in the rose forum and you didn't put a subject heading on it. No one is likely to ever find it who has an interest in butterfly bush.

I suggest you go to the Flower Gardening Forum. Use the NEW TOPIC button to start your own thread titled butterfly bush. You are much more likely to get some response that way. Thanks!

Return to “Rose Forum”