mat
Newly Registered

what is best for my rose

ok I bought my first rose today its a red masterpiece hybrid tea rose. it already has a root system and leaves are out but the leaves are a lil wilted around the edge. on the package it says classic buds reveal large,dark red double flowers, 3-6" in diameter above glossy dark green foliage. I don't really no what all that means and this is my first plant ever. id like to keep it indoors and id like some advice on how to keep it in top shape. also should I take it out of the plastic bag and plant it in new soil or should I just leave it in the bag, what should I feed it?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Roses are not indoor plants! (Remember the old song "Roses love sunshine, violets love dew...."? :) ) Roses do in fact love lots of sunshine all day, more than they are ever going to get in a house. And yes definitely get it out of the plastic bag. That holds water in and the roots will just rot. You sound like a real beginner (that's not a criticism, we all were once... I killed my first rose bush too and a few more since then :? ). There is a whole section here on Rose Gardening. Would probably be a good thing for you to do some more reading!...

Return to “Rose Forum”