tkharper2
Newly Registered

Knockout Roses Stopped Blooming

I live in zone 6b and have a number of knockout and double knockout roses. In one bed, they are blooming away like gangbusters. In another, all 4 plants that had been doing great all summer (except for a japanese beetle attack which was stopped by a couple applications of Sevin) have completely stopped blooming - no buds emerging. Foliage looks fine from what I can tell, and no bugs visible. Anyone know what might cause this? They were even fertilized with Miracle Gro for Roses a couple weeks ago. Help?

minnesota_girl

I don't know the answer but it's funny because up here we are preparing for the first frost and almost everything is finished blooming except annuals, sedum, cannas, and gladiolus. It looks healthy though? If it doesn't get enough light it won't bloom, and also it would have leggy growth. Are they new? Or have you had them for a few years? You could try a fertilizer high in phosphorus, that should promote blooms, also I think their are few threads somewhere in this forum that have some good advice.

Return to “Rose Forum”