Gilcano

DIY Greenhouse??

I'm considering to build my own green house. I'd been investigating and they are really expensive with the exceptions of a few kits that are available for a couple of hundreds. I watched a lot of YOUTUBE videos about making it yourself and it's really easy, with a few connectors and PVC pipe one can build a decent greenhouse.

So I'm planing to build one with one inch PVC pipe (about 5ft x 10ft). I choose the 10ft length because PVC pipes are sold in 10ft length. THe greenhouse plastic can be bought by rolls at any gardeners supplier. The cost of a greenhouse that size will be less than $200 if you do it yourself. Anyone here have done one?
Thanks

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

I wish I could build a greenhouse. I rent, so I went out and got a 4 tier mini greenhouse. Does the job though. Good luck with your build.

sweethearth2015
Newly Registered

I have that hoop-house made of pvc for several years. It was 14x16 cover with greenhouse plastic 4 mil. Do not buy the one you get at big box store (Home Depot /Lowes). They last one season and they crumble like cook bacon. It is a waste of money considering they are not cheap.

Allyn
Green Thumb

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”