Bent

Re: 50' x 80' greenhouse

valley wrote:Bent, Thanks for getting back. I'm interested in the Gusset attachments for the diagonal bracing on the trusses. No rush, wouldn't mind seeing a picture.

Great to be able to foil the animals that come to feast. We've had an ongoing struggle with them. Have a good one.

Richard
All plates were placed so they acted as joiner plates for runs that were longer than 20'. As well as bracing splice plates. I welded one side completely, then got what I could on the 2nd "closed" side.
Let me know if u need anything else...
Attachments
gusset-3.jpg
gusset-3.jpg (31.98 KiB) Viewed 16688 times
gusset-2.jpg
gusset-2.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 16688 times
Gusset-1.jpg
Gusset-1.jpg (38.32 KiB) Viewed 16688 times

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Thanks Bent, That's good, I wanted to see what was welded and if anything was bolted. I see the square tubing, I thought it was round. Thanks for taking the time. I'll be watching your posts.

Richard

tdump
Cool Member

All I can say is WOW! I love to build things myself but I don't think I could handle a project this size!.

imafan26
Mod

That is amazing. I am jealous, I think almost my whole yard will fit in that greenhouse (54x100) . You have gotten amazing production for such a short season.

The one thing good about giving the garden a good long rest is that it does keep down bugs and disease. Inside a greenhouse problems can spread very fast especially if there is succession planting. Greenhouses usually have a double door entry to try to keep the bugs out and also keep more of the heat in. You probably don't need it but when we have long greenhouses fans on both ends improves air circulation. All of our bugs start on the plants in the middle in the green house that has fans on just one end. Fans on one end blow air into the greenhouse and fans directly opposite are run in reverse to help pull the air through and out again. It is also cooler in there for us humans. Some of the fans in the greenhouses are run on solar power because our electrical costs are high.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”