lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Re: Looking for the Sun

The new greenhouse location now has more sunlight, grow lights, exhaust fan, water, shelves, heater, access to larger shed. Ready to grow some plants.

The old location is becoming a tool shed/work shed. Both will be very handy. I left some of the clear plastic roof on the old location (because is was cut at such an angle that it could not be reused). Turned out to be a pretty good idea, lets in lots of sunlight.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Finally getting some use from a unique feature I included in the greenhouse.

I included a large door that opens up almost half of one wall. Recently, I installed some shelves on that large door.

The plants sit safely inside the greenhouse on cold days and nights.

Then, by just opening the door they can get direct sunlight and can gradually harden until ready for the garden.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Good plan, are you close to the lake there? It's too early here to think about firing up the greenhouse

Richard

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

valley wrote:Good plan, are you close to the lake there? It's too early here to think about firing up the greenhouse Richard
Yes, we live on Lake Martin in central Alabama. Love waking up and looking out across that smooth water. Like it even better to see tomatoes growing down near the water.

Has been a different year here too for greenhouse growing. I normally keep a couple of pepper plants throughout the winter, and then they are ready to start producing in spring. But this year, a few nights of 10 degrees and my little one burner propane could not protect them.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”