Gardener123
Green Thumb

My greenhouse pic.... a lot like Indy's

So I still can't get the film on because of the wind, but at least I have it built. I need to make a door adjustment or two, but otherwise all is complete. I'm a TOTAL HACK when it comes to building stuff, and this came out pretty much as planned. I didn't even use and blueprints; I just watched a youtube video.

All told, this was about 5 hours of work, but would have been less had I had help. I imagine another hour to get the plastic on.

Not much needed in the way of tools..... Drill, circular saw, a level, hammer, and maybe a pair of pliers to pull out a bad screw mistake, LOL.... just sayin'....

If I can do this, you can do this.

Gardener123
Green Thumb

I guess it could be a green "hose" pic, LOL, but it is a green HOUSE pic. :)

Gardener123
Green Thumb

All done basically... touch up things to do.

It's 78 degrees outside, and 122 degrees inside the greenhouse. That seems way too hot. I have yet to put an exhaust fan in yet, though. Still, it is that hot with the door all the way open on a fairly breezy day.

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

I have been thinking about cutting a hole in the very top and having some sort of vent on mine for this. Also the more "junk" you put in there the more stable the temp will become.

Look at my newest video. I added a pump and a water line around the inside of the greenhouse. This has stabilized the temps real well, they still get high though. I have also added a window in the door that, as soon as my opener gets here, will open automatically and cause a good draft at about 90 degrees.

Adding a fan inside is a good thing too. I can see 40-50 degree differences between the top and down by the grass.

It could be your thermometer placement too. I moved my thermometer out of the direct sun and into the shade (Still air temp) and that caused it to become even more stable. Now even with all of this I am still hitting 100 on sunny 70 degree days, but that is WAY less than the 125 or more that I have seen

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

I forgot...

Yours looks good!!!

now power and running water!!!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”