Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Greenhouse kits at many stores how good are they?

This may be the year for the instant greenhouse. Today I was a Big Lots and saw 4 different ones that were a thick clear plastic with metal walls included. there were even shelvs. A 5by 5 was $69 and a 6 by 8 $119. Has anyone used one of these or something similar? I know Lowes has them also! I would say with a 50 gallon drum of water inside they would probably work a month before planting time! May also work attached to the south side of a garage!
+++
Here is a link to all kinds of small and large greenhouses+++
+++

https://www.ourcrazydeals.com/greenhouses.html

fespo644
Newly Registered

Check out HomeDepot, they had a 6x6x6 for 27.00 reduced, it was 119.00 before. I bought one and returned it. I just don't have any use for it. I don't know what shipping would cost to ship it out from here. But it might be worth it Frank

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I had an instant up green house I got on sale from Home Depot at one point, super reduced like previous post. I used it for a few years and then eventually pitched it. It was so poorly made and flimsy it just wasn't worth bothering with.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

fespo644 wrote:Check out HomeDepot, they had a 6x6x6 for 27.00 reduced, it was 119.00 before. I bought one and returned it. I just don't have any use for it. I don't know what shipping would cost to ship it out from here. But it might be worth it Frank
Thanks but that is too small for me. It would probably make a good heat chamber inside a bigger greenhouse! I will probably use my cold frames alot this year! I have over 20 boxes of seed trays planted already with some up like radish and lettuce that I will transfer to the cold frames in march!

nedwina

I have one of those "Flowerhouse" portable greenhouses. I think it's 9x9. Not cheap, but they're probably the best quality in temporary greenhouses out there. They're made of heavy duty stitched tarp material (not plastic film) and if you just use them from March to June they'll last a few seasons. I'm on my 4th this year and so far the only thing that's busted is the zipper for the door on one side. (If you read the reviews, they are always the first to go.) It is starting to wear out a bit in spots where the poles rub along the top, but it's nothing a little duct tape can't fix for awhile longer.
Set up isn't too bad, the supports are fiberglass poles with bungee cord stuff inside, so you just line them up and they pop together. The greenhouse itself has springy metal strips in it on either side, kinda like one of those pop up hampers. Set up & take down requires two people & a step stool. Manhandling it back in the bag is a bit of a challenge, but can be done. The only "hack" we did was to use those spiral dog tie outs for anchoring the peaks since it can get pretty windy here sometimes.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”