Wds83
Newly Registered

Thinking of getting this Greenhouse

I posted an Ad on Craigslist looking for Hoop house frames or a Greenhouse.
I had a few calls and went to look at a greenhouse yesterday. It's a 6x8 and the panels are in good shape since they take them out every winter. They are asking $100 for it. I think it's a good price since its all together an it's only a few miles from my house. I could load it on my trailer.
I think it's a Harbor Freight Green House.
Here is a picture of the frame.

Does anybody know what the make is by the frame?

Also do you thnk it is worth $100?

Thanks

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Its a start and you can always add a 2by 4 addition to it! You can also put a second layer o thin plastic film inside to bake more insulated. Add abou 100 to 150 galons of water drums and have a solar all year round greenhouse!

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

$100 is an excellent price - the least least expensive in that size new runs close to $500 - on up to couple thou

Wds83
Newly Registered

I thought $100 was a good price. I'm picking it up today!
Also got a call for a 12x24 Hoophouse frame for $100 going to look at that after Christmas. I love Craigslist! Whenever I'm looking for something I just post an ad. I get some good deals doing that.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

I agree I LOVE craigslist.

Anyway $100 is a great price! If you decide you want more space you can always buy another one. Now that you have a greenhouse I would pick up metal shelving units. Preferably ones that will attach to the frame and fold down later in the season in case you want to grow tomatos or something in their. It also might be worth investing in an automatic vent opener depending on the temp. You might also want to get a heater to go in their if you are growing stuff over the winter.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

I also recommend buying bags of sand to put on the floor of the greenhouse underneath the shelves. These will absorb heat during the day and then release it at night.

lukeout007

I didn't know about the sandbag idea. I may try that with mine. I bought a small(ish) starter greenhouse with the plastic covering that seems to work well so far (though it hasn't had much use yet). Looking to find ways to keep the heat in longer.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”