rolmedown
Newly Registered

green house newbie

I'm new to greenhousing and have build a 14x12 hoop house out of an old trampoline fram. Started my garden veggies around first of March. I know that was late, but that's when I got it done. My peppers,squash,cukes coming on fine. But my tomotoes are not doing anything, used pete pellets that you soak and put seed in. I think I mite be watering too much or planted too deep. Also watermelon and canatalopes very slow. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks and need all the help I can get.

brogz

Do you have a heating mat underneath it and also a little seed starting dome over it? These 2 simple things help a bunch.

One thing that I have done in the past it use one of these:[url=https://www.htgsupply.com/Product-Grodan-Grow-Smart-Tray-Insert.asp]Grodan Grow Smart Tray[/url]
I put my rockwool cubes in these and put a bit of water in the bottom not enough to touch the cube. Then I put a air stone underneath them which watered the cubes. This should work out the same for the pellets. If not its an idea for the next grow.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”