valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Corragated plastic in high wind?

Greetings, We are about to build a greenhouse in an area with a unique condition. Wind, lots of wind, wind that blows shingles off the roof. I used that corragated plastic they sell at Home Depot on a two greehouses and it has held up well in low wind conditions.

Question: Has any of you use this corragated plastic in high wind areas?

Thankyou Richard

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I would consider putting a wire mesh on the outside in the windyest areas and pull it tight against the covering!. Chicken wire works well! Also the nails with a rubber washer in combination with glue will help to hold it down better!

brogz

I've seen many people up here use this to make walls on their porches and as long as it it braced good on the back it should be good I would screw it into place instead of nails.

valley
Greener Thumb

Just to up date; We plan a greenhouse in the high desert using corragated plastic, same construction as has worked well up here.

lily51
Greener Thumb

valley wrote:Greetings, We are about to build a greenhouse in an area with a unique condition. Wind, lots of wind, wind that blows shingles off the roof. I used that corragated plastic they sell at Home Depot on a two greehouses and it has held up well in low wind conditions.

Question: Has any of you use this corragated plastic in high wind areas?

Thankyou Richard
What type of corrugated material?
I had a very small corrugated greenhouse years ago, wind was no problem, but light was.
There was a definite reduction in the quality of the light entering each year, so after about 4 years we disposed of it.

valley
Greener Thumb

The transparent type they sell it at Home depot.

valley
Greener Thumb

I didn't mention: it's roofing.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”