lily51
Greener Thumb

Question for fall

It's not even summer yet and I'm thinking about what bulbs to plant where this fall. What are your favorite catalogs/ online sources that are reliable with quality products to order bulbs? Looking for wood hyacinth among others.
Also any recommendations on varieties of different bulbs.
Thanks...it's just easier to make plans when I can see/& remember what was where. Guess taking photos on phone would help too if I remember next spring

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I've found that I get larger, better quality bulbs when I buy from one of the local nurseries, so I stopped buying from catalogs and online. I was never really happy with the bulbs I got from catalogs and online. Sometimes, they didn't even grow or bloom for me, no matter how much I paid for them. :(

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Maybe I should just dig some up Wood Hyacinth and send them to you, except I think you would end up hating me. :lol: About 20 years ago, I planted a few bulbs of that stuff that my neighbor gave me. Now it's everywhere. I'm forever pulling it up.

It's also called Spanish Squill. Yes the flowers are pretty, but they have literally taken over my yard, and drive me crazy. :(

Think carefully before you plant that stuff. English bluebells are much nicer. :)

lily51
Greener Thumb

Thanks for the offer and the even better advice!

Return to “Perennials”