harrisonjmurray
Newly Registered

Ghost pepper or not?

Hi!

I planted a bhut plant in early April and the fruits are turning red very slow and I looked up pictures of ghost peppers and my peppers look a little different, can anyone help me or assure me these are real ghost peppers?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

It looks like one, but then, many of those superhots look very much the same. The middle photo looks more like a habanero of some sort.

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

I agree picture one and three look like ghost peppers, picture two does sort of look like a habanero.

imafan26
Mod

Look inside, Ghost peppers don't have as many seeds as a scorpion or a habanero. Ghosts can be unstable but if it is a hot ghost it will make your eyes water just opening it up. The reaper and the ghost look allike. Habaneros are usually smaller and smaller plants. The ghost is also more lumpy than the habanero which has a lot of fold but not bumps. The habanero has a pepper load of about 20, the Ghost can carry more peppers. The one in the middle looks more like a habanero, but the others look like Ghosts.

harrisonjmurray
Newly Registered

The middle pepper, believe it or not came from the same plant as the other peppers did.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”