stugots2
Newly Registered

Need some help

I need a little help here. Sort of unusual (and I'm sorry if its in the wrong spot)

We recently had a death in the family, a Flower / Garden lover.

I thought it made sense to spread some ashes in a newly made garden JUST for him, brand new plants (all of his favorites)

I been doing some reading and it seems like ashes would be VERY harsh on the growth of anything, I was wondering if anyone here knew of an amazing grower or formula that can help me through that? As you can tell I'm new to this and know 100% NOTHING here, so any help you can give would be amazing.

Thank you so much

imafan26
Mod

So sorry for your loss. First of all where are you? It helps us to know that. Mix in a bale (3.8 cu ft) of peat moss and some starter fertilizer in the soil. I like to use citrus food. I would water the soil for a couple of weeks to make sure it is settled and thoroughly moistened before planting again.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

You have my sympathy for your loss.

We spread my grandfather's ashes in the yard of his childhood home. There were a lot more than one would think.
A couple handfuls won't hurt anything, the whole bunch would. An alternative would be to bury them in a box or urn and place a marker there and plant around it.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”