Stefano

Re: What to do with an assortment of hot peppers

Thank you Gumbo2176 for your recipe. In the next days I'm going to try make hot pepper sauce with some of my peppers inspired from your recipe!!
I hope that will be good! :)

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Stefano wrote:Thank you Gumbo2176 for your recipe. In the next days I'm going to try make hot pepper sauce with some of my peppers inspired from your recipe!!
I hope that will be good! :)

It is best if you use a non-porous pot for this and that is why I use a stainless steel one. I've used a Calaphon pot which is the coated aluminum and I made the mistake of only washing it when done. The next time I used the pot, my food came out very pepper hot because apparently a washing wasn't a good enough cleaning.

If you use one of those type pots be sure to fill it and bring the water to a boil and do this a couple times to eliminate the pepper heat.

Stefano

Thank you for the tip! I will use a stainless pot and then I'll clean it very well by boiling. Otherwise another solution could be to use the pot for cook the food that intentionally you want spicy. For example together to water it could be added pasta and I cook it in order to obtain spicy pasta without add hot pepper! :D

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”