rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Even your family might like poppers and other stuffed jalapeno recipes.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Frozen, stuffed and frozen, pepper jelly! LOVE pepper jelly, cream cheese, bacon wrapped jalapenoes. Pepper jelly on toast with scrambled eggs and bacon or used as a filling for an omelet. Try making jelly. Great with the holidays coming up. Give as gifts or serve for your holiday parties or give as gifts to friends and family. Many pepper jelly recipes on line. Take
your pick.

LOL

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Just re-read your original post - do I hear bell peppers?

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute diced onions, diced bell pepper, smashed minced garlic in butter until onions are translucent. Cut the top off and core bell peppers. Scald for 2 or 3 minutes in boiling water. Remove the meat of italian sausage from casing and dry brown. Add a little dry wine to de-glaze pan. Toss in pepper, garlic, onion mixture. Add grated gruyere or parmesan reggiano. You can add cooked rice if you like. Stuff scalded pepers with mixture. Place in a baking pan with enough water to cover the pepers 1/3. Top peppers with additional cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly. As an alternative you can freeze the stuffed peppers (before baking) and pull out of the freezer for later use.

OK so not a cooking forum - just love to make the best use of my fresh garden veggies.

Enjoy

BTW - don't forget sea salt, fresh ground pepper and any fresh herbs that you like.

The joy of gardening results in the joy of cooking.

imafan26
Mod

Hot peppers tobasco, serrano, thai hot,
make pepper jelly or chili pepper water, chili sauce (garlic, chilies,fish sauce, 2 T lemon juice)
cayenne, thai and super chilies can be dried. It intensifies the flavor
Bell pepper, ancho, anaheim
Roast bell peppers, it sweetens them up. You can eat roasted bells with a little garlic salt. YUM!
Make roasted salsa, it is the best.
Anaheims chile rellenos.
Jalapeno and cream cheese dip
Stir fry peppers until they are crisp tender and eat them as a side with onions or even better put the stir fried peppers and onions in a sandwich
My friend just eats the frozen Jalapenos as a snack straight from the freezer. I've never frozen bell peppers before unless they were already stuffed. You have better luck than I do with bells. I only get 5-8 from a plant before they die. I'd like to know your secret of production
:)

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”