organicbasil
Newly Registered

hydroponic questions someone reply please!

I have a existing traditional soil greenhouse, recently got a six hose pump and a aerator and a reservoir. So I believe I have almost all the equipment I just need some advice as to how to set it all up.
Here are some questions
1. explain the mixture of the nutrient solution what is the ratio of water to mix and other then ph and ppm what else has to be monitered.
2. what is the preferred ph
3. does aerator need to bubble through the solution at all times.
4. how many times a day should the pump turn on the water the roots.
5. how much solution should be pumped through each time.
6.what is the life span of the nutrient solution. how long until it needs to be changed.

thats all I can think of to ask but feel free to include anything I may have forgot to ask thanks so much

fintuckyfarms

I would love to answer your questions but I need to know what type of system you are planning to use as you have several options with the equipment you listed.

Koshercookie
Newly Registered

Yes it depends on the system

Halfway
Green Thumb

If it's an ebb and flow, start with a 15 minute flood every 90 minutes to 120 minutes and watch the results.

The above cycle is for the "daylight" period to include just before "sunrise" and just after "sunset". Let them rest overnight.

Although not needed, I use a bubble in the reservoir for the ebb and flow as it adds very little expense and insures the oxygen is at it's highest when flooding the table.

Use the recommended dosage on the nutrient label.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”