waterfarmer
Newly Registered

Why are my Hydroponic Corn Leaves Turning Yellow?

hi everyone, can somebody tell me why my hydroponics corn leaves are turning yellow :)

hydroguy

Hi and welcome to HG waterfarmer!

A bit information about your system sure would be helpful. There's a lot of things that can cause plants to suffer but if I was a gonna take a guess...based on corn grown in the soil.... it is a heavy feeder on nitrogen so I would venture a guess your nutrients are lacking in that area.

Best of luck to ya,

hydrolifeCA
Cool Member

I would try adding some Urea (which is high in Nitrogen) and it helps to restore the nitrogen. It will also lower the pH. It should be safe. I have used it without problems.

Things like miracle grow contain urea but I would not put that in a hydroponic system. You can buy dry urea pellets in Walmart, a hardware store or plant store.

waterfarmer
Newly Registered

thank you for the tips :)
I have had a lot of answers and they are all different, so know I'll ask you my new friends,. I'm looking for a hydro fertilizr mix for the following veggies; pole beans, tomatoes, cucumber,cantalope,watermellon,spinach,bell peppers and lettuce.
I have tried so many solutions, I have been close , but no cup of tea yet.
the only thing that I have that is doing PERFECT is my strawberrys.
thanks a bunch.

hydrolifeCA
Cool Member

I would say either hydroton pellets which are working good for me OR the other thing I use which works with MANY things is a mix of coir and pumice. Maybe cocunut coir would work okay.

What type of system do you have and what HAVE you tried?

bren.t

Pics and more info definitely help. If the yellowing starts at the bottom of the plant and works its way up towards top growth it could very well be a nitrogen deficiency. In that case, hydrolifeCA is right and adding urea could solve your problem. It may just be time to change out your hydro solution with a fresh solution (I never liked just topping off the system since you don't know how much of what nutrients are left in the water).

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”