EngelhardtMG
Newly Registered

Feeding Tips for my Indoor Bonsai Tree

So I just got a Bonsai Tree for a gift. I'm super excited to have it but I want to take care of it right. Some people have given me some tips but I'm just confused. Could someone please explain how to take care of my indoor bonsai? :D

djlen
Green Thumb

EngelhardtMG wrote:So I just got a Bonsai Tree for a gift. I'm super excited to have it but I want to take care of it right. Some people have given me some tips but I'm just confused. Could someone please explain how to take care of my indoor bonsai? :D
Welcome to the forum EngelhardtMG -

In order to help or advise we would need to have some information on the type of tree you have. A picture would help as well, especially if you don't know what type of tree it is. Different species require different types of care. Also, at this time of year many people are given trees as gifts and told that they are "indoor" trees when in fact they should be kept out side.

Please reply with more info. and hopefully a picture and we'd be happy to help in any way we can. :)

Marsman
Green Thumb

Welcome, EngelhardtMG. As djlen said, we'd be happy to help. Different trees require different care. Tell us more about the tree you have and let's see a nice shot of it.

djlen
Green Thumb

EngelhardtMG has written me a PM with this message and I thought it would better serve him/her if I re-posted it here for all to see that more feedback would be available to him/her:

"I live near chicago and its snowing out and cold I don't think putting it outside would be a good idea would it? Heres the picture of it

https://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=1786465022/PictureID=56242355022/a=2064989022_2064989022/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Thank you very much"

Having seen the tree in question I'd say it looks like an Elm which, with much care can be kept over the winter indoors but hopefully next fall can be left out to go dormant in the fall and early winter before bringing it back in.
I wish we had a closer look at it to make a positive ID however.
EngelhardtMG, can you post another picture here of a close up of the leaves?

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”