mikeingeorgia

Romano Bush bean question

Hey all, I have a packet of Romano Bush beans that I'd like to plant but was wondering if that means they're turn into bushy plants or will they have vines and grow up a chain-link fence as they're growing? 2 sides of my garden is bordered by a 4' tall chain-link fence and I could plant them next to the fence and they can grow right up the fence.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Bush beans are just that, bush beans. They grow on bushes that generally get 2-3 ft. tall and give you a pretty good harvest----not as plentiful as pole (vining) variety types, but enough to make them worthwhile. I prefer pole beans since I have a permanent trellis in my garden just for such plant types.

mikeingeorgia

Ok thanks. I'm kinda (really) new at this but I'm learning :wink:

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Hey, I didn't start out vegetable gardening knowing what I now know. It was a lot of trial and error with an emphasis on error. I've been gardening much longer than they've had this thing called the internet where tons of information and forums are at your fingertip in the comfort of your home.

If in doubt, ask. There seems to be a lot of very qualified folks here that can answer just about anything thrown at them. I recently found this site and feel right at home with it. I hope you do to.

kgall

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents about beans...Pole beans are more plentiful but bush beans produce earlier! I like to have both in the garden!

And Mike....You can ask the most experienced gardeners on here...They will tell you they are still learning too!
Enjoy!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”