cass2828

Undentified thingy>>> under lemon tree leaff

Hi Guys I have just found a mysterious white hair like thing under the lemon tree.. my guess is its a insect egg.. but it also looks like the " worlds 2nd rarest flower'>> "yotang pulou". but I may be just imagining ... what is it? :?:
Attachments
Screenshot_20161210-214307.png

applestar
Mod

Wow -- if they are the same in India, these look similar to green lacewing eggs on their springy hair stalks.

Green lacewing larvae are voracious predators of aphids, as well as most other sucking pest insects, their eggs, and even mites.

cass2828

thnx apple star.

applestar
Mod

If this is your new baby lemon tree, what I would do is clip that leaf off and put it in a jar with rubber banded/canning jar ring lid and fabric or paper towel cover. Keep in protected area where you can keep an eye on them and check on them daily. Most insects will hatch in about 1 week.

These are obviously eggs and this way, you will save what hatches out if they are good guys and you can put them back on the lemon to protect from pests (if beneficial insect eggs, then the mom laid eggs on the tree because there are already pests on it for her babies to eat), but you wont leave them on the leaf of they turn out to be bad guys hatching out en mass.

cass2828

Thanks for the advice! I will do so immediately.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”