Somewhat
Newly Registered

what's wrong with my plant?

Hello my plants starting to get these white spots on them not sure what's happening. If anyone could help me would be appreciated. Also if you could help me ID them would be great! Thank you
Attachments
IMG_1792.JPG

Somewhat
Newly Registered

Just a closer pic of the white spots,
Attachments
IMG_1793.JPG

imafan26
Mod

It looks like a sedum and the spots look like sunburn. Did you have them in the shade and then move them out to a sunnier spot without hardening them?

Somewhat
Newly Registered

Yes they where in the shade, than moved them to a window. Thank you very much! By the way not sure what hardening is I'm very new to gardening

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

You can't just move a plant from a shady location to a sunny one. You have to get it accustomed to the sunnier location, the process of gradual acclimation is called hardening. You set the plant in the sunnier location for a short time, start with 30 minutes to an hour or so. Then every few days you leave the plant in the new place a little longer. The whole process should take at least a week, longer if moving from a shady place indoors to a sunny place outdoors.

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

Agree. At this point, the damage has been done, so I would leave this plant in the more sunny spot. I get some of this every spring, even though I know it can happen and am trying to avoid it. The damaged leaves can't recover but new ones should replace them soon enough.

Somewhat
Newly Registered

Thank you guys for the replays, very informative! I've been making terrariums with these plants. And caring and making this have become sort of a hobby lol. Here some pictures of my work so far.
Attachments
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1807.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG

imafan26
Mod

Very nice. It seems to be a popular thing now to do dish gardens again.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”