summersun

Help! My Kalanchoe tomentosa panda plant is sick... :(

Hi All,

I just noticed there are some white patches on my Panda plant. I only just noticed it, I doubt it was there a week ago. The patched are hard and look and feel like white paint has dripped on to the leaves and then dried up. Any idea what this is? And how to get rid of it? I'm so sad....my poor plant. Please help!!

SS
Attachments
211348aa5d3b571eeafafe438dc9a8d4f064c70d7d16e96a93a887aae4e8319c.jpg
74b268cb22a404381169b83974e56b9bf083a6008a4ef224b1811db28929717f.jpg

Asica

I have seen those on mine too. I am not sure what it is, but I see that the plant is still growing. It has rain a lot and I wonder if the water did not caused that, but really I am not sure.
Hopefully someone will know the cause.

summersun

Ohhh I was thinking the same thing. I watered mine and then it started raining the last few days and it's been quite damp and humid. I wonder if that may have caused it.
Thank you, I feel a bit better now.

summersun

Thank you again Asica. You were right, I found this reply off of another forum. Hope it helps.

- "It's the top layer of cells from the leaf, they've separated as the leaves have taken up too much water...like a blister...it's called oedema. Won't change back to normal. Soil mix looks very wet, how often and how much water does it get?"

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

Agree with oedema. Put plant in your sunniest possible spot and if the soil doesn't dry very quickly, repotting to a more fluffy/chunky/porous/airy one as soon as practical/convenient would be something to consider. Without enough oxygen in the soil while moist, roots can rot (and is called overwatering.)

summersun

Sadly too late for this one. I didn't realise I had left it out in the rain. A few days ago I noticed the plant had completely wilted and the part where the leaves join to the stem seems mushy. So I've since broken off the leaves in the hopes of propagating what's left of it. I hope it works, if not it will be my first succulent casualty. :(

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

So sorry! These things happen. If it doesn't make it, I hope you find a cute new replacement!

summersun

Still waiting to see how the propagation goes. I will keep you posted. Losing a plant is a lot sadder than I thought.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”