baileysup
Green Thumb

Re: To chop, or not to chop large aloe?

Not sure what will happen with this one. It was planted into a larger container. No chop. Time will tell.

Manxie
Newly Registered

I know this is a couple of years later, but could you give us an update please? Did it survive?

baileysup
Green Thumb

Manxie wrote:I know this is a couple of years later, but could you give us an update please? Did it survive?
Sure, would be glad to. I still have her, and she's doing fantastic. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I ended up chopping it in the end, cause it stuck out of the pot a bit too much for my liking. The root ball would have been at about the bottom of the pot to start, which I didn't like, so I did chop it. Aloes seem to grow new root systems well, and fairly quickly it seems. I'm at work right now, as usual, so I will try to post a quick pic when I get home later. There are some lower leaves removed, so it kinda looks half tree, but aloe trees are one of my new interests. Plus the lower leaves were unsightly anyway. It's still in the same pot too. Thank you for your interest :)

baileysup
Green Thumb

Here we are! I quickly snapped a couple pics of the rest of my babies. That's my "ZEN" room ;). Enjoy!

baileysup
Green Thumb

Also, as far as the lower leaves, and overall growth goes, I must say that the winter really turns my plants to junk. They don't get enough light in winter, so thinking of getting a light. Don't know if I can, but looking into it.

applestar
Mod

Fun! I could see a set of shelves there -- maybe oust that aquarium on the drawers.... :>

-- if sturdy enough you could just oust the drawers and put the tank on one of the shelves --

...I have to admit succulents are one of my most neglected bunch of plants. They manage to live in spite of it. Nothing fancy -- aloe but not the nice rosette kind you have, zebra, pencil, some more random ones that I don't know the names of.... :oops:

baileysup
Green Thumb

Yea, I love my aloes and agave. I set up a table in the room, so now all are off the floor and up higher, ready to receive what light is available. Still gonna look into a light, cause I'm pretty sure it would help them out. Thanks for the ideas applestar :)

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”