Eweimert
Newly Registered

Daughter bonsai need help identifying

My roomate became a bonsai fanatic overnight and now has probably 5 bonsai in the house. He got each of my kids one and one for me. I'm not sure what hers is, actually not sure what either of them are but my daughter's started dying and now looks done for and she got really upset :cry: . I need to know at best what it is based off the only two pics I have of it. I'll post the pic that you can see it best. I can assume my roomate over watered it at my best guess and I pray I can revive it. I have since repotted it into a smaller pot from what he repotted it to (looked like maybe it was to big of a pot and it held alot of water. Please anyone identify it?
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-10-10-14-30-15-1.png

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to HG. I will encourage you to start in the Bonsai Learning Forum & Library and specifically the thread "General Bonsai Growing Tips".

While that won't identify the trees you have. Its a good start on care.

Newly propagated cuttings and seedlings are first off, stumps. Thats the part you will build from as you develope your bonsai.

Letting a branch grow long for a year or five, will only make that base grow better. Raking out the roots of a hearty tree, and lashing it to ceramic tile, and burying that in a few inches of soil in your garden. And then letting it rip untended in your garden will get you a started tree in human terms.

It is possible to grow a tree in a bonsai pot and tend it in such a pot, if you have fifty to seventy years to do so. I am sixty-five, I don't have that kind of time to invest. I'll nurse a tree in a pot for a couple years to build up its roots, and then plant it to field for five to ten years. As a short-cut.

Return to “Bonsai Identification”