jul1799

nettle fertilizer

Good day,

I stumbled in the internet on idea to ferment/compost nettle leafs. Basically some nettle leafs in a bucket of water left to compost for about a week with regular stirring.

The procedure is similar to compost tea without aerator I have read somewhere in this forum.
did anybody heard about the method and which veggies would benefit from it?

Is there any rule of thumb what could be composted in the tea? I have read so many recipes in this forum and now wondering how one knows what to add to composted tea?

Nettle water was done just with water, no compost or anything else added. I have heard about grass water, and assume idea to prepare is the same. What would be difference if I add some nettle in the compost tea or make separate nettle water?

Cheers

toxcrusadr
Greener Thumb

I have not heard of making these teas with different types of plant leaves. If the people posting about this on the internet cannot explain what the benefits are, I would begin to question whether they are anything special compared to any other plant or compost based tea.

jul1799

there is a difference between cannot and did not:)

If I read an article the information available only what article says. Idea was to keep nettle in water for longer time. I just had idea to shorten a process. I think I got answer in composted tea discussion.

thank you for your input

Return to “Composting Forum”