Gilcano

My DIY Garden Tower and Worm tube

Hi all, just want to share my DIY Garden Tower and Worm tube. I'd been using it as a planter and never put worms in it but this Spring I'm buying some Night Crawler (about 250). I need to modify the bottom so one can have access to the final compost. Picture #1 was the model.

applestar
Mod

This is a cool and fun project! Keep us updated with what you decide for how you'll modify the barrel. Did you make that yourself?

What are you thinking of planting in it? I'm picturing cool weather salad and asian greens during the early spring, also maybe strawberries (typical for this kind of container), and annual and perennial short shrubby as well as trailing herbs. You'll want to put drought tolerant plants near the top and moisture loving shade tolerant ones near the bottom.

Gilcano

applestar wrote:This is a cool and fun project! Keep us updated with what you decide for how you'll modify the barrel. Did you make that yourself?
Yes I made it myself, uufff a lot of work but when you see the plants growing is enjoyable

What are you thinking of planting in it? I'm picturing cool weather salad and asian greens during the early spring, also maybe strawberries (typical for this kind of container), and annual and perennial short shrubby as well as trailing herbs. You'll want to put drought tolerant plants near the top and moisture loving shade tolerant ones near the bottom.
Last year I planted many varieties of lettuces, cherry tomatoes on the top, etc.

Gilcano

More pictures

:cool:

applestar
Mod

Very nice!

GatorsUF

How is your garden tower doing? Mine is doing quite well, the other containers are struggling with bugs and powdery mildew, but so far everything on my garden tower is doing great.

The evolution of my garden tower - https://goo.gl/photos/6p3fxwBBcrvSBBfG8

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Hey! :) I know it's been a while but wanna ask; how's the tower doing? Have the veggies grown well?

I wanted to do that too but wasn't sure if it's such a good idea...

Return to “Composting Forum”