gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

That time of year once more--Thanksgiving

Once again, the wife and I are having family and friends over for our yearly get together. I got a big jump on making some of the food while the wife was at work yesterday. The green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, cornbread dressing and giblet gravy are finished and only need to be put in the oven or heated on the stove. I got a jump on the pot of chicken/sausage/okra gumbo everyone seems to crave as soon as they walk in our door.

On T-Day I will fry 2 turkeys and make rice for the gumbo and mashed potatoes to have that freshly prepared. Of course there are pies and various spirits between beer, wine and the harder stuff for folks to enjoy.

By last count we will be having between 15-18 coming over, a big dip from last years 30 that found some family members coming in from out of town at the last minute.

Here's wishing everyone who participates in this holiday a good time, good food and an appreciation of all the good they have in their lives to be thankful for.

webmaster
Site Admin

Sounds like a good time!
We're having a small thanksgiving celebration this year. No cooking for me, my mother in law is dealing with that. She's good with the traditional roast turkey with stuffing, etc. :)

Have a wonderful holiday to all who are celebrating!
:)

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

A different Thanksgiving for my wife and me this year. My daughter and her family are in France, my son and his family are sick in North Carolina, my wife's daughter and her son flew in from Colorado last Friday and returned yesterday, so we had Thanksgiving with them already.
So what are we having.....Shrimp, Oysters and Fish in Gulf Shores!!

P.S. Gumbo could you post that chicken/sausage/okra gumbo recipe?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

lakngulf wrote:A different Thanksgiving for my wife and me this year. My daughter and her family are in France, my son and his family are sick in North Carolina, my wife's daughter and her son flew in from Colorado last Friday and returned yesterday, so we had Thanksgiving with them already.
So what are we having.....Shrimp, Oysters and Fish in Gulf Shores!!

P.S. Gumbo could you post that chicken/sausage/okra gumbo recipe?

PM me with your e-mail address as I have it already typed up in that format and have sent it out many times over the years. I'm not one of those types that think every recipe should be kept secret and willingly share with those that ask for it.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

gumbo2176 wrote:PM me with your e-mail address as I have it already typed up in that format and have sent it out many times over the years. I'm not one of those types that think every recipe should be kept secret and willingly share with those that ask for it.
Tried to send message but it does not show in Sent Box. so here is email
milton.lovelady@gmail.com
Thanks

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

lakngulf wrote:
gumbo2176 wrote:PM me with your e-mail address as I have it already typed up in that format and have sent it out many times over the years. I'm not one of those types that think every recipe should be kept secret and willingly share with those that ask for it.
Tried to send message but it does not show in Sent Box. so here is email
milton.lovelady@gmail.com
Thanks
Recipe sent.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

[quote="gumbo2176]Recipe sent.[/quote]

Got it and Thanks

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”