Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

Some of my photos don't show up

I was curious why some photos that I have posted on the forum and placed inline, show up as a little white box with an "x"? Then, if I click on the x, the photo usually shows up. But then, some other photos I've posted are just there right away. This occurs even within the same thread.

I don't think the photos are too big, I always reduce their size before posting. Is this a problem with my computer, or does the forum software just arbitrarily choose to do this to some photos? Thx. :)

I've noticed this phenom with some other folks photos as well.

LIcenter

If you use a photo hosting site like photobucket and such, it's usually them that causes that to happen.

kayjay
Green Thumb

This is happening with me, too, and the photos were directly uploaded to this site. :( I'll try again another day, just to see if maybe the site is backing itself up right now or something. I know a lot of forums have hiccups overnight when that occurs.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Shouldn't happen like that. Sometimes if you look back at old threads, the photos are just marked with place holders like that. That is usually because the person who posted it has moved the photo, put it in a different album or something so the address no longer connects to it. But if you just posted it, it should be ok.

If you are ever having any technical troubles like this, you can always Private Message webmaster and he will be glad to help!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”