tomf
Super Green Thumb

Delightful Snowy views

I took these photos a day ago all are a short walk from our house, some are taken on our land.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Beautiful pictures, but I'm afraid I would not like all that snow as I'm a web footed coonass and haven't been exposed to much of it in my lifetime. What was on the roof of that barn is deeper than any snow I've ever been in, and I have no desire to explore a white covered winter wonderland.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Spectacular! You've got a good eye for scenery. And you are fortunate enough to live in a place where you've got a lot to choose from.

pomerinke
Cool Member

Those are amazing pictures! I've only been to Oregon once, and not for very long. I'd definitely like to visit up there again sometime.
gumbo2176 wrote:Beautiful pictures, but I'm afraid I would not like all that snow as I'm a web footed coonass and haven't been exposed to much of it in my lifetime. What was on the roof of that barn is deeper than any snow I've ever been in, and I have no desire to explore a white covered winter wonderland.
Gumbo, that was pretty funny. I think you might change your mind about snow if you ever had the opportunity to experience a real snow like is in the pictures. I've lived on an island for the last 5 years, and I miss the snow like crazy!

tomf - I'd love to use some of those pictures to create some social media content for a facebook page I run. If you'd like to discuss it, please send me a PM.

Thanks for sharing!

PaulF
Greener Thumb

At my age and temperament, there is no such thing as a sentence with both snow and delightful. Pretty, yes. Delightful, no. Growing up in Lakeview there was way too much snow. Then we moved to Forest Grove where snow once per year was plenty. Taught me to hate snow. Give me a winter of drizzling rain any time.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Really? I'll say Delightful!

Lakeview, PaulF? I grew up near Medford. At one time, Dad was thinking about buying a farm in Alturas.

It was 3°f when I got up this morning and has warmed to 4°.

My 30 minute walk was outdoors under the blue sky, yesterday. Crazy! If a rapid heart rate over anxiety about falling counts as exercise, I actually accomplished something ... No more of that behavior until there is major melting!

Steve

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It gets cold there in Id/ wa, it was 17 at our house when we took off yesterday, that is far from normal here, high 30's low to mid 40's is more like what we get in the winter.
We do get a few weeks of freezing every year but we have had a real winter this year.

imafan26
Mod

Its beautiful, but I enjoy admiring from afar, I am already uncomfortably cold at 57 degrees on this sunny morning in Hawaii.

alleyyooper

Winter is a beautiful time of year. No beauty during a rain storm not to much after either.

I have winter time hobbies. When it is snowing and blowing like crazy I will but my double boiler on the wood burner and melt bees wax to pour into molds to sell. I also like to reload ammo then too.
Once the blowing and snow falling has ended I so enjoy clean the drive way with the tractor and blade.

Get with friends and go snowmobiling or cross country skiing.

As for the rain and mud that goes with it I can do without that mess. Only good thing about rain is it waters our plants and washes the dust off the buildings.

:D Al

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”