Plantdoctor_IA

I am a "Newbie" here

Hello everyone from NE Iowa!
I am new to this forum, but I am not new to garden forums.
I started on the Birds and Blooms Flower gardening forum in January of 2006. I remained there until they closed the doors last October. At that time Taste Of Home invited us to have a Garden Chat forum on their site. We have been there ever since. This morning they announced that they would also be closing down the forums at the end of this month :( .

I am scouting for a new place for us to join. We have cultivated good friendships over the years of posting to one another every day and we would all hate to lose that. In October when the B&B board closed, we did lose many of our friends to Facebook, but many of us are not FB users and choose not to go that route.
In searching the internet, I found this site to be most compatible to what we need and are used to. I see a few foreign things here on the right, but will figure them out as time goes on. Charlene

Hosta_Lover
Newly Registered

Hi Everyone. I am Plantdoctor's husband. As you can tell I am into Hosta's. We both belong to a hosta society but her interests are more in blooming plants. Both annual and perienials. I see my spelling isn't the best either. LOL oh well.................larry

KeyWee

Welcome ~ I think you will like it here. The moderators are great and there are many friendly and knowledgeable gardeners who answer questions and participate daily.
Like you, many of us are from other forums that no longer exist. I was at GardenGuides and that re-organized and became hard to use. There are a lot of us here from GG.
Jump in and post ~ I think you will see that this is a good choice for you!

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!!!

webmaster
Site Admin

Welcome! The Helpful Gardener is quite likely one of the friendliest communities online. I'm certain you'll enjoy your time here.

;)

Plantdoctor_IA

Thanks for the welcome, Keywee and Lindsay! I am hoping we have found a place to land. I love sharing pictures of our gardens and flowers, but I have a lot to learn about posting pictures here. I guess it all takes time, doesn't it? On TOH I was just able to copy and paste pictures....guess that isn't the case here. Charlene

tomf
Super Green Thumb

This is my favorite garden site, lots of good people that are helpful.

webmaster
Site Admin

Hi,
I fixed your image and I'll show you how I did it. Many forums function this way so it's a good thing to learn how to do. :)

Copy and paste the image URL, highlight it with your cursor, then click the button labeled IMG.

Alternately you can simply add this code to the beginning of the image url:
[IMG]

Then add this to the end of it:

[/IMG]

Resulting in something that looks like this:

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-obnO ... G_0917.JPG[/img]

Plantdoctor_IA

Thanks for the tips...if at 1st you don't succeed:

Plantdoctor_IA

YAY.....I did it...it took me 3 trys...let's see if I remember.

Just to let you know that I have flowers other than day lilies..a garden filled with color right now:

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It looks nice. Facebook is full of everything and way to much politics and such, it is not a good forum to talk and share ideas on gardens.

Plantdoctor_IA

tomf wrote:It looks nice. Facebook is full of everything and way to much politics and such, it is not a good forum to talk and share ideas on gardens.
Thank you. I am not a fan of Facebook. A group from our board went there. I visited and decided it was too chaotic for me. So far I am enjoying the forums here. I love container gardening and usually start about 1200 annuals from seed each year, so I am guessing I will enjoy those topics here. It seems easy enough to navigate even for a non computer person like me... :hehe: Charlene

webmaster
Site Admin

Thanks for the positive feedback Charlene! :)
I've been upgrading the site the past few months to make it faster (resulting in temporary outages) and I have just one more change to do but I've been holding back because it's something I've never attempted before and it could cause the site to go down for a day or two (again).

So if you see the site go down rest assured it's because I'm making it better. :P

nltaff

Hi Charlene, glad everyone is chiming in to welcome you. I just joined this spring and I love the forum! I had to chime in because those are two of the most stunning day lilies I've ever seen! Absolutely gorgeous!

Plantdoctor_IA

Thanks for the compliment on the daylilies, nltaff. Since my husband retired he has decided that he also loves gardening. Hostas and day lilies are his passion. I love the daylilies, but wished they bloomed for a longer time.
Roger...I did get your PM about my avatar, but haven't had a chance yet to try it. Maybe this weekend. Thanks for all your help and thanks for the headsup about the board being down on occasion..."under construction" right? :wink: Charlene

fairygardengirl

Across the street from me, it's just woods, woods, and more woods packed with beautiful daylilies growing wild along the road! Nobody ever noticed a couple missing... :wink:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”