Brindle

What do the icons in this forum mean???

I looked for somewhere else to post this but couldn't find a spot. Is there a legend or something for all the little icons like the asterisk or the heart or the flame etc?? Sorry new to forum and apologies if there is somewhere else I should have posted this

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

well, you posted this in vegetable gardening, not exactly relevant. Better would have been the miscellaneous ("hoo haw and foo faw" or some strange title like that) down at the very bottom. But not important/

When you click on post a reply or new topic and a typing box comes up, above the box there is a subject line (and it won't let you post with out that). Above that it says post icon and shows a bunch of symbols. It defaults to none and you can leave it at that. Or you can change it to which ever of the choices you want. I don't know that they mean much, it is just personal preference. There's a heart, a question mark, an exclamation point, a couple of emojis, etc. They are just for fun.

Beyond that, in the topic list some topics have asterisks. Those are most active. Some have red bookmarks. Those are useful threads that are saved, so they will always be at the top. In the topic list, some threads have a little red/black box by them. I think that indicates photos. Some have a paper clip image for attachments. Those have people's own photos, attached from their computer.

That's all the ones I can think of.

Welcome!!

Brindle

Thanks!

webmaster
Site Admin

Flames mean that it's a popular thread.
The icon with a little red asterisk means that it's a thread you've participated in.

I'm going to be updating the icons soon so they're more intuitive. :)

LIcenter

What's that little bug looking thing that is to the left of everything I read?

Never mind, I killed it. ;-)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”