Cranmore15
Newly Registered

New owner with a yard that floods

Hello,

We moved into our new home and then when the first big storm came by we noticed the back yard floods. Also there is barely any grass... tons of weeds .... . We came by before we bought it when it rained and we didn't see any flooding from the front yard and they told us it doesn't flood in the back :roll: . Like idiots we believed them. They broke the contract in other ways so them Lying about this isn't a surprise to us.

What can we do for it to not to flood toward our porch. Can I just add more soil?

They were supposed to clear the tree branches and pick up the leaves around the fence and the day we checked they said they were doing it today cause the next day we signed at a place that was 30 minutes from the house so we could not even see it before we signed it .... well they didn't and the tree branches were thrown in the garden area cause you know apparently everyone loves an overgrown garden area with branches in it.

So after the first flood I wonder if these leaves left by the fence help reduce the flood? Its a big pile as big as my 2 year old son . If it does is there another solution other then these unsightly leaves? I really hate it and feel like there might be piles of bugs under it.

Thanks so much

Return to “Lawn Care”