bluelapiz
Newly Registered

Brown Spots and Wilted Leaves

My Mac. hydrangea has been doing great, buds all over, then one day suddenly browns patches on quite a few leaves showed up and they were also wilted. I looked for any pests and was unsuccessful. Didn't know what to do so I cut each leaf off, and the very next day there were even more leaves wilted with brown patches, the leaves weren't scaley or dry in these brown patches just brown and wilted. There was however LOADS of fecal? matter from something ALL OVER leaves and stems. I went crazy pruning off infected leaves and wiping off Pooh:), and found in the meantime two snails living on one leaf and in the actual pot(oh yeah it's potted). I did just fertilize it, two days before. I am going crazy thinking what this could be. Do y'all think it fungul or pest? Crossing fingers :lol:

bluelapiz
Newly Registered

I figured it out I think :) It was the fertilizer I believe. Two other potted plants fed that had bad reactions like this. Luckily fertilizer was still visible so I scooped it and an inck of the topsoil out and replaced with composted soil :) Checked this morning and looks fine :)

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”