WINSTON1425

FEW LEAVES ARE TURNING BROWN?

I have purchased a Hydrangea few days ago.
I have brought it home and planed as soon as possible.

Two day later, few leaves have turned brown at the tips.

I went to the store where I bought it and also found one with a brown tip.

I am not sure what went wrong, the pant was normal and looking healthy when I brought it home.

If you have similar experience, please help to cure this problem.

Thank you in advance.

luis_pr
Greener Thumb

The problem can be caused by soil moisture issues or fungal problems but during this time of the year, the odds are it is a watering issue. This is especially common on newly planted shrubs during their first summer. To help the plant, maintain the soil moist as best as you can. Water the soil early in the morning as soon as the soil feels almost dry or dry when you insert a finger to a depth of 4". Minimize overhead watering, ie, watering of the leaves. Maintain about 3-4 inches of mulch to conserve moisture and to prevent having to water too often. A planting location that is not windy and that offers some respite from the hottest part of the summer days can also help. Soil moisture issues start as browning of leaf edges.

elabird
Newly Registered

luis_pr wrote:The problem can be caused by soil moisture issues or fungal problems but during this time of the year, the odds are it is a watering issue. This is especially common on newly planted shrubs during their first summer. To help the plant, maintain the soil moist as best as you can. ...... Soil moisture issues start as browning of leaf edges.
Thank you! This has been my problem too and I came here to find a solution to it.

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”