Ben93

Help whitefly!

I have whitefly infesting my herb garden ive sprayed them with water to kill the majority and have sprayed every herb, tree, and bush in my garden with a fish oil and seed oil spray.

Is there an effective way to get rid of them as ive heard how much of a pain they are when they spread.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Unfortunately, once they numbers are out of control, as you said, it's pretty difficult to manage. The problem with using insecticidal a is that you're knocking out the biological control that is already in place. What kind of damage are you seeing? If there's no obvious damage, I would try to maybe introduce plants that attract their predators. Aphid Midge happened to manage my aphid issue much better than anything I could have done about them. I had fairly dense aphid population, too. From what I remember about whitefly, they're in the aphid family, so I would think that they have the same predator enemies! :twisted:

I don't think lady beetles would hurt, but the larva would be much better. My bolting and blooming cilantro and dill were very good attractors!

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”