Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Herb Garden ready to pick need recipes

I have a lot of Herbs in my garden, I need to find something to use them for. Tomorrow I am making some Dark Rye Bread and some Honey Oatmeal Bread. The honey oat is very very good.

Anyone have a good Herb Bread Recipe?

I have a very good Cilantro Salad recipe. Anyone have any other Herb recipes?

I have, Oregano, Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, Hysops, Lavender, Bee Balm. Meadow Sage, Mint.
Last edited by Gary350 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

webmaster
Site Admin

What herbs do you have?

LRuthers
Newly Registered

Gary350 wrote:I have a lot of Herbs in my garden, I need to find something to use them for. Tomorrow I am making some Dark Rye Bread and some Honey Oatmeal Bread. The honey oat is very very good.

Anyone have a good Herb Bread Recipe?

I have a very good Cilantro Salad recipe. Anyone have any other Herb recipes?

I have, Oregano, Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, Hysops, Lavender, Bee Balm. Meadow Sage, Mint.
Go to https://www.foodnetwork.com/ and use the name of the herb or dish/bread/food in the search engine. I usually rank the recipe list according to Ratings, and only go the the recipes that have the most five star ratings.

Try https://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main.aspx, too.

I hope this helps.

Linda

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Gary,

Use the Basil to make Pesto, it freezes very well and is a welcome treat in midwinter.

Norm

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Chop six tomatoes or tomatilloes, or any combo thereof, with an onion, add a quarter cup of chopped fresh cilantro and any three peppers you really like, seeded and chopped fine. (I always have chiles, jalapenos, and habaneros, but unless you really like it hot, I'd stick to the first two. I have no Serranos this year but they are great, too.) I hit it with a little Adodo seasoning as well to add salt and garlic... and Mira! Pico de Gallo!

Who needs store bought salsa? This is a perfect side with burritos, or just with nachos... We eat it by the yard in summer... if you make it a day ahead it mellows out more and releases a little more juice, so if you are dipping, the day before, serving as a side or topping it's usually best fresh...

Me Gusta...

HG

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

caprese salad

2 large red or yellow tomatoes, sliced
1/2 pound POLLY-O Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, drained, sliced
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Arrange tomato, cheese slices and basil alternately overlapping on platter.
Whisk oil and vinegar together. Pour over tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

You could also do an herb salad, where you use herbs instead of lettuce. Forget what that's called. Enjoy your harvest!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Anything from hyssop to the end of the list would make a great tea; in fact all together might even be good...no, great! :)

HG

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”