CeiJai
Newly Registered

Australian Cherry/Eugenia

Here is the link to my beautiful Australian Cherry/Eugenia! It doesn't look as great at the moment like it does in the picture!

https://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/CeiJai/AustralianCherry-1.jpg

BaronOsiris

Nice Looking tree you have there!

What is it's age?

Do you have any tips on this species for a beginner?

I just received a Eugenia as a gift. I recently posted pictures of my little guy here
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4246&highlight=

ynot
Greener Thumb

CeiJai wrote:Here is the link to my beautiful Australian Cherry/Eugenia! It doesn't look as great at the moment like it does in the picture!
Why not start a thread in the bonsai forum and we will see if we can help you out.

You will need to post some current pictures of course, [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3557]Photo tips & helpful info to include that will help us to help you.[/url]

Are the rocks I see on the surface all glued together? If so please remove them.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed how old the OP is
Gnome, Please delete this post.

ynot

CeiJai
Newly Registered

Hi, you have a beautiful little tree! I bought my tree for my boyfriend for Christmas. I learned very quickly that Bonsai's are high maintenance! Haha! I live in Oklahoma and our weather was cold and snowy for weeks back in January. My tree dried up and looked extremely shabby! I was advised by this website to get a humidity tray, a plant light and to water my Bonsai with bottled water! This would be my advice to you as well. My tree is doing good now. There is new growth (bright green leaves and such). All the other leaves are still dried up! I hope my tree pulls through! Goodluck with yours! Australian Cherry's/Eugenia's are gorgeous and bloom in the spring!!!

Best,
CeiJai

ynot
Greener Thumb

CeiJai wrote: I was advised by this website to get a humidity tray, a plant light and to water my Bonsai with bottled water!
CeiJai,
Bottled water?

Are you certain? I did not see it mentioned in any of your previous threads.

That certainly seems expensive and unnecessary to say the least.

I use tap water left to stand 24 hours.

Gnome referenced fluorescent lighting previously [Lower cost than something that says 'plant light' on it you know- As he mentioned a compact bulb is commonly used {about 7$}]

ynot

CeiJai
Newly Registered

Sorry. I was advised to not use tap water. I personally use bottled water it is easier.

Best,
Candice

ynot
Greener Thumb

CeiJai wrote:Sorry. I was advised to not use tap water. I personally use bottled water it is easier.

Best,
Candice
I don't think that is accurate if you refer to information you got from posts here.

Do you refer to this quote? :
gnome wrote: One more thing, apparently this tree dislikes hard water, so take that into consideration.

I am just trying to clarify that no one here said 'Do not use tap water', Perhaps you got that information elsewhere.

If your water is potable it should be suitable to use for your tree. [Provided it is not hard as was mentioned and you let it sit for 24 hours.]

ynot

Return to “Bonsai Photo Gallery”