Erida
Newly Registered

Schefflera issue - brown spots...

Hi!

I've bought a beautiful big Schefflera houseplant about 3 weeks ago in Walmart. It looked great but about a week later I noticed brown spots on yellow leaves (later these leaves were dropped). I stopped watering my schefflera and unpoted it. The roofs seems to be ok but there were some gray "stones" with liquid inside. Is it fertilizer?
Now my schefflerа still dropping leaves...

Any help is highly appreciated!!!
Attachments
IMG_8241.JPG
IMG_8238.JPG
IMG_8088.JPG
IMG_8086.JPG
IMG_8083.JPG
IMG_7963.JPG

Erida
Newly Registered

Addition: The tree is placed next to the big window and gets enough light...

imafan26
Mod

The gray stones do look like fertilizer. It is slow release but more than I would use. You said it was next to a window. If it is too close to the window it may be burning. Especially if you bought from a place where the plant was not in direct light. Move the plant a few feet or put a sheer curtain on the window so the glass does not become a magnifying glass. It looks like it is getting sunburned. Move the plant out of direct light and gradually move it into the light. Variegated leaves need more light but the transition has to be gradual.

ayresm
Newly Registered

Hello,

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with your Schefflera? I have exactly the same issue and cannot find anything out online.

Thanks!

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”