icoemhereforhelp
Newly Registered

Strawberry plant leaves curling up (WITH PICTURE)

I just transplanted a strawberry plant that I got from lowes and the next day after school I notice that it is curled up and I was wondering why it was doing this the leaves are starting to turn brown HELP!!!
Attachments
strawberry leavs bad :(
strawberry leavs bad :(

imafan26
Mod

A guess would be that you did not acclimate them enough and they are getting scorched from the sun. All plants should be acclimated first if they came from another location or going from a low light to high light conditions. It is best to do your transplanting on a cloudy day or you can gradually condition the pots by moving them out to brighter light over the course of a week and letting the plants transition to the planting site by leaving them in their pots on the spot you plan to plant them for a couple of days before stressing them out.

icoemhereforhelp
Newly Registered

Will it grow back to normal? Will the leafs regenerate ro will they die off and new ones will grow?

imafan26
Mod

Since strawberries are prone to fungal disease, I would cut off the damaged leaves with a clean tool. New leaves should come out fine. Mulch strawberries as most fungal issues will be soil borne.

Return to “All Other Fruit”