cudlr
Newly Registered

Help with a struggling tree

Hello,

So my tree has has a pretty rough last year. About a year ago, my ex-roomate turned off the water valve to what was otherwise a pretty well self-sustained drip system and landscaping, killing about half the plants and leaving the others in poor condition.

My shrubs are doing well, but I'm not sure about the tree. I left it alone for most of last year, it survived the winter, then I pruned the junk out of it to get rid of all of the dead branches. There's a lot of new growth visible, but what is growing doesn't look particularly healthy. Some of the leaves look like they're browning or purple-ish, can't quite tell if it's going in the right direction or not.

Anyway, some of the details:

-I live in the Las Vegas area, dry, hot weather.

-As it was set up when the house was built and landscaping first placed, all plants in my yard are set to a single drip system (it's a pretty small yard) including the tree, which is surrounded by 4 drips. Since I started getting warm, it's currently set to drip 3 days a week for an hour and 15 minutes. Worked pretty well with the settings it had for the years prior, but I'm not sure what it was set to.

-I fertilized it (and the rest of my surviving shrubs) about a week ago with "miracle-gro" water soluble all purpose plat food 24-8-16".

Pictures of the plant below.

Thanks for any tips!

4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

What kind of tree is it?

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”